Anonymous asked: do you have any health tips on how to stay fit or like eating healthy or anything?
Yes, I do! The biggest thing is keeping a good balance of healthy eating and exercise.
For exercise you want to work on Cardio, Strength, and Flexibility. Running and biking is good for Cardio. Lifting weights and general gym things are good for strength. Yoga, Pilates, and Belly Dance are good for flexibility. Belly Dance is also good for building thigh, arm, and core muscles.
Eating local, organic food is one of the best ways to stay fit and healthy. I belong to local farmer co-ops, and shop at the farmer’s market and Whole Foods to get my organic food.
Fad diets really aren’t the answer to staying fit and healthy. I recommend the “anti-inflamatory” diet. It basically involves staying away from inflammatory foods that cause lots of health problems such as asthma, arthritis, high cholesterol, heart disease, stomach ulcers, diabetes, etc. The safe foods listed in it are also low in fat. There’s really no way to go wrong with it.
The main foods to stay away from: Wheat, dairy, corn, soy, sugar, beef, pork, potatoes, tomatoes, and eggplants. Any fast food, fried food, or processed foods.
Foods to eats lots of in descending order:
- Leafy greens and other veggies and fruit.
- Sweet potatoes are anti-inflamatory
- A variety of grains such as rice, quinoa, millet, and teft.
- Lean meats: chicken, buffalo (a TASTY, healthy beef substitute), fish, and lamb. Fun fact: lamb is the only anti-inflammatory meat.
- Almond milk, “Earth Balance buttery spread,” and goat cheese. Nutritional Yeast instead of parmesan cheese
- Gluten-free stuff. Be careful though, a lot of gluten free foods are severely processed and contain a bunch of crap like monosodium glutamate.
- Honey and Agave nectar instead of sugar
“Clean" is a really good book that goes in-depth into all of this.
Shoot me an ask if you want any more specific information or substitutes. I tried to cover the basics in this post.
Read More for info on why I listed the foods to stay away from